TERMS & CONDITION
1. Parentage of each participant must be a Sarawak citizen (either Mother or Father).
2. Knowledge of each race represented is a must for every participating Kumang.
3. Sarawakian female (married or single) and has pleasant personality.
4. Age above 18 and below 30 years old.
5. Open to all ethnics in Sarawak.
6. KUMANG GAWAI had 3 categories:
Iban( Sebuyau /Remun/ Balau/ Rejang/ Lamanak/ Undup/ Balaus,/Saribas and others)
Bidayuh (Jagoi/Selako/Sadong/Biatah and others)
Orang Ulu (Kenyah/Kayan/kelabit/Berawan/Kiput/Lun Bawang/Murut/Punan/
Penan/Ukit/Kajang/Lun Dayeh/Kejaman and others)
7. All participants are allowed to bring only one personal assistant.
8. Participants who are keen to take part can register for the KUMANG event through online at www.airasiaredtix.com. starting 20th April 2011.
9. All registered participants will qualify for the online voting.
10. All online voting refer to www.borneohornbillfestival.com The top voted will win Kumang Favorite title.
11. From the preliminary round, only 10 participants from each ethnic category of Iban, Bidayuh and Orang Ulu, will be selected for the final, making a total of 30 finalists altogether.
12. The preliminary round and grand final will be held in Kuala Lumpur. The participants will bear all the traveling and other related expenses.
13. Registration fee RM70.00 in done online at www.airasiaredtix.com and the fee is non refundable.
14. Registration online requires a full figure photo of 3R/4R size. (Not compulsory with full costume)
15. Persatuan Warisan Sarawak Kuala Lumpur has the right to publish all photo submitted in AirAsia website and all related websites for public viewing and voting.
16. For those who qualified for Preliminary and Final round, it is compulsory to wear their full costume.
17. Persatuan Warisan Sarawak Kuala Lumpur will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal items or belongings to participants throughout the whole duration of the event.
18. Traditional costume will not be provided by the organizer.
19. Any enquiry, please contact:
Dr. Laurence (016 - 3699742 / 013 – 3920870) or email laurence_John@hotmail.com
Kevin (019 - 3497761)
Registration : 20th April 2011 – 30th June 2011
Online Voting for the Kumang Gawai : 4th July 2011
Announcement for 30 Finalist : 16th July 2011
Prizes for the Winner
First RM1500 + Trophy + Shawl + Flight Ticket London + Certificate
Second RM700 + Trophy + Shawl + Certificate
Third RM500 + Trophy + Shawl + Certificate
PRIZES FOR OTHER TITLES:
Kumang Tourism : RM200.00 + Shawl + Certificate
Kumang Favourite : RM200.00 + Shawl + Certificate
Kumang Photogenic : RM200.00 + Shawl + Certificate
Kumang Brilliant Smile : RM200.00 + Shawl + Certificate
HF2011 | Dance | Kumang | Keling